Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Horse and Dog statues

When I was a kid, my friends and I used to have collections of cheap china animal figurines from the drugstore (or as Grandma called it, the "Dime Store"). Sometimes dogs, sometimes horses. In my little crowd, you were either a dog or horse person, and your statues reflected your preference. It seems the girly-girls were all horse people, and the tomboys were dog people. I was a dog person, Kelly was a horse person, Anne a dog person, and boy was Jeannie a horse person. The figurines sometimes sat on a shelf, but mostly they were trotted around on the floor, horses and dogs rearing up and saying hello. Consequently, their legs and tails were always being broken off. But we were handy with our Elmer's, so most recovered nicely!
Horse statues & dog statues


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...